MG Golf Classic
We are hosting our Annual Golf Classic on Friday, May 5th, 2017 at Dyker Beach Golf Course, Brooklyn. This is the third year of the event for the club and we are looking to build on the success of our previous years’ events. All proceeds from the tournament will go to the clubs fund for equipment, player injury fund, admin, etc.
For those of you that are new to the game but are uncertain of playing, it’s as simple as this….
– Take the day/half day off work
– Register online in a team or as an individual here
– You DO NOT have to be good at golf to play.
– You DO NOT need your own set of golf clubs for the day, though it’s best if you do.
– You are strongly encouraged to attend the after party in the Long Hall NYC.
Note: If you are registering on your own, we will set you up as best we can with a team for the day. We would be delighted to have Alumni & friends from Ireland in town for the weekend of the Sligo vs New York match on Sunday.
For those who are unable to get out of work and are looking to attend the after-party in the Long Hall NYC; it will kick off around 8:30pm.
Format of the Golf:
– 4-man scramble
– No handicap involved
– Lowest score on the day wins the top prize; with spot prizes for other events on the day
– Each team has their own golf carts with 2 people to a buggy
Agenda on the Day:
12:30pm – Check-in: All players will need to check-in at the course to pick up goody bags on the day.
1:30pm – Tournament Starts: The shot-gun start involves all teams assigned to each hole; to start their round off. This will be based on the draw sheet which will be published on the site; on the week of the tournament.
6:30pm – Dinner and Presentation
8:30pm – Spring Party at the Long Hall.
For more information download our MG Golf Player Flyer Manhattan Gaels Golf Classic-Players